The Cebu City government offer free boat rides for residents returning home to Cebu City.
Qualified passengers to avail the free ride are Cebu City residents who are stranded in other places (Locally Stranded Individuals or LSI).
Libreng sakay is an initiative of Cebu City government in partnership with 2Go Travel and Trans-Asia Shipping Lines to bring back its residents who are stranded outside of Cebu.
Passengers residing outside of Cebu City are not included in the Libreng Sakay.
Requirement to avail of the free ride is a valid ID with a Cebu City address.
Travel Period: August 1-31, 2020
Read Libreng Sakay via Lite Ferries
2GO TRAVEL LIBRENG SAKAY TO CEBU
How to Avail of the Libreng Sakay with 2Go Travel
A passenger or his/ her authorized representative has to visit any 2Go Travel owned store
**Bring the following requirements when booking ticket
- Valid Medical Clearance Certificate issued by City or Municipal Health Office
- Valid PNP COVID Shield Travel Authority
- Valid Government Issued ID indicating a Cebu City Residence Address
- Valid Acceptance Certificate from the Barangay
**Tell 2Go Travel Customer Service Agent that you want to avail for the Libreng Sakay to Cebu City.
Last cut off time to avail of the free trip is 8 hours before the voyage’s estimated time of departure. No show passenger will forfeit his/her ticket.
2Go Travel Reminders for LSI Passengers Going to Cebu City
- Be at the port 4 hours or more prior to ship departure time
- Bring 2Go Travel ticket and the requirements when you enlist for the free ride.
Free 2Go Travel one-way ticket includes 50 kilos baggage allowance, linen, and meal.
TRANS-ASIA SHIPPING LINES LIBRENG SAKAY
Just like 2Go Travel libreng sakay, the Trans-Asia free ride are only applicable to Cebu City residents (LSI) stranded in other areas.
Tran-Asia Shipping Lines: How to Avail Libreng Sakay
To avail Trans-Asia free ticket, bring/ present the following:
- Valid ID with Cebu City address
- Complete LSI requirements: Medical Certificate and Travel Authority
Routes of Libreng Sakay by Trans-Asia
- Cagayan de Oro to Cebu City- available Monday to Saturday at 8PM
- Ozamiz to Cebu City- available every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 12noon
- Iligan to Cebu City- available every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 7PM
- Iloilo to Cebu City-available very Thursday and Saturday at 6PM
Where to Avail Libreng Sakay of Trans-Asia
Proceed to the Trans-Asia Ticketing Offices below for libreng sakay tickets
Trans-Asia CEBU Office
Trans-Asia Bldg. Mj Cuenco Ave., cor. Osmeña Blvd. Cebu City (across Plaza Independencia)
Trans-Asia CAGAYAN DE ORO
Port Area, Brgy. Macabalan, Cagayan de Oro City
ILIGAN Trans-Asia Office
Pilar Bldg., Aguinaldo cor., Labao St., Poblacion, Iligan City
ILOILO Trans-Asia Office
Iloilo PPA Bldg., Port San Pedro, Iloilo City
Trans-Asia Office OZAMIZ
Salvaria Bldg., Port Road, Ozamiz City
Online Booking of Trans-Asia ticket is temporarily not accepted for libreng sakay.
Trans-Asia libreng sakay ticket is applicable to Economy Open-Air accommodation. No free meal included in the ticket.
For those who wish to return to avail 2Go Travel free ticket or Trans-Asia libreng sakay, proceed to their stores/ ticket offices bringing the required documents for LSI.
NOTE: Wear mask and face shield and observe social distancing at all times you are in the pier and on the ship. Wearing of face shield is mandatory for sea passengers starting August 7, 2020 and for commuters riding in a public transportation conveyance starting August 15.
Like our Facebook: 2Go Promo Ticket for more travel updates, trip schedule and ticket rates 2020 to 2021!